Arena Clear Bag Policy
What’s allowed into CHI Health Center Omaha?
Clear, uncolored plastic tote-bags will be permitted, or guests may use a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar). Additionally, guests may also bring opaque small or clutch-sized purses/wallets will be allowed, not exceeding 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long, after proper security screening, continuing the policy started this summer for arena events. Only one bag is allowed per ticket holder.
1. Any type of weapon, fake weapon, or object resembling a weapon. This includes but is not limited to handguns, rifles, knives, straight edge razors, brass knuckles, swords, dangerous ordinance, Tasers, chains, and all other categories of weapons, whether such items are real or replica weapons. This includes permit holders possessing or carrying lawfully concealed weapons in or around the facility. Weapons cannot be checked into Security or Guest Services.
2. Alcohol / Drugs / Illegal Substances / Vaporizing Pens / No Smoking / No E-cigs / MECA Omaha operates as a smoke free facility
3. Professional Cameras / Cameras With Lenses Greater Than 3” / Detachable Lenses / Tripods / Monopods / Selfie Sticks
4. Audio Recording / Video Recording
5. Laser Pointing Devices / Glow Sticks
6. Drones in any area of MECA’s campus
7. Hover Boards / Heely / Skateboards / Rollerblades
8. Noise making devices of any kind / Bells / Whistles / Air Horns
9. Large Umbrellas / Golf Umbrellas
10. Beach Balls / Bubbles / Footballs / Frisbees / Balloons / Fireworks / Pyrotechnics / Confetti / Glitter / Aerosols
11. Masks should not be worn at any time inside MECA’s facilities
12. Signs / Banners
13. Outside Food / Beverage
• 20 oz. or smaller empty clear plastic bottles will be allowed for water
14. Bicycles / Helmets / Chairs
15. Abusive / Foul Language / Disruptive Language / Obscene Clothing / Indecent Clothing
16. Animals / Except Service Animals
17. Any item deemed to compromise public safety
Can I place my oversized purse inside my clear plastic bag and still gain entrance?
No. Only opaque bags measuring 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long or smaller will be permitted after proper search. Everything else must be easily visible within the clear plastic bag upon entering the security line.
What if I accidentally bring a bag or item that is not permitted?
In the event a patron arrives with an unapproved bag, they will be asked to return it to their vehicle or dispose of it at their discretion.
What if I carry medical items that will not fit into a clear plastic bag?
MECA staff-members are happy to make special accommodations for bags with medical necessity. However, each bag will need to be properly searched and tagged by security before entrance.
Does my diaper bag also need to be clear plastic?
Yes. However, the hope is that by offering admittance to larger-sized, clear tote bags that families will have minimal inconvenience. Reminder: one bag is allowed per ticket-holder.
How do I get through the security line quicker?
Arrive early. Doors for events at CHI Health Center Omaha and TD Ameritrade Park typically open 90-minutes to an hour prior to an event. Lines can get bogged down with last minute arrivals, so budgeting extra time for security can help ensure patrons have plenty of time to get in and find their seats.