Even with evolving venue capacity standards in Douglas County and the State of Nebraska, CHI Health Center Omaha continues to consider guidance from the Nebraska Governor’s office, the Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) during all event operations.
Guests may anticipate changes to concession procedures and varying mask requirements based on protocols determined by an event organizer or promoter.
CHI Health Center Omaha remains committed to guest safety throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and is utilizing the latest sanitization technology throughout the building. Additional information may be found in the drop down menus below.
Evolving social distancing parameters and abilities will be dependent upon an event organizer or promoter’s determined capacity. This is subject to change based on state or county health directives.
Hand sanitizing dispensers are placed at guest and employee entrances as well as throughout the facility. Additionally, both visitors and staff members are outwardly encouraged to carry personal sanitizers.
Face mask requirements may vary depending upon protocols implemented by an event organizer or promoter. This is subject to change based on state or county health directives.
Public-facing event staff members are permitted to continue use of face masks or additional PPE as desired. Employees who become symptomatic are required to self-report, at which point they are directed to immediately end their shift.
Crowd management directives or parameters will be dependent upon the determined capacity of an event by an organizer or promoter. This is subject to change based on state or county health directives.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation
CHI Health Center Omaha is staffing additional custodial crews before, during and after events who routinely use disinfectant for daily cleaning procedures. Cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus is in regular use throughout the building, and each room is methodically sanitized after use. Areas of frequent human contact (restrooms, hard surfaces, doorknobs) are cleaned multiple times a day.
Clorox Total 360
The state-of-the-art Clorox Total 360 system utilizes electrostatic technology and non-bleach Clorox products for an innovative surface treatment with the capability to clean even the hardest to reach places. According to Clorox, Total 360 is designed to target all surfaces within its reach. We utilize this cutting-edge technology for cleaning efforts throughout our facility.
There are reminders posted throughout the building to encourage social distancing, to avoid handshaking or touching one’s face.
Tours are currently unavailable.
Food & Beverage Safety Precautions
- Team members engage in mandatory COVID-19 internal safety training with proof of completion;
- Personal hygiene importance is stressed to all staff members, including reminders for proper handwashing, sneeze and cough covering etiquette;
- Sanitizing stations are available for employee use;
- Un-vaccinated team members are required to wear masks while working per company policy. All staff may wear masks if they choose.
- Equipment is sanitized before and after use, all food contact surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes throughout an event;
- Common touchpoints are sanitized with increased frequency;
- Menus are engineered with best health and safety practices in mind;
- Modified disposable packaging in use where applicable;
- Preparation procedures modified to reduce touchpoints;
- MECA managed facilities are cash-free environments – all major debit and credit cards accepted. Cash 2 Card machines are on site and available for customer use
* All initiatives are subject to evolving CDC and public health regulations.
* These measures may be updated with any change in Levy’s procedures.
Arena Event Updates
Developments in event status are as follows:
- Blake Shelton has been rescheduled to August 18, 2021.
- Jeff Dunham has been rescheduled to October 21, 2021.
- The Weeknd has been rescheduled to April 16, 2022.
- MercyMe scheduled for April 16, 2021 has been canceled. Refunds available at point of purchase.
- The Billie Eilish Where Do We Go? World Tour performance at CHI Health Center has been canceled.
- Lauren Daigle has been rescheduled to October 29, 2021.
- The U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Swimming has been postponed with Wave I occurring June 4-7, 2021 and Wave II occurring June 13-20, 2021.
- Matchbox Twenty has been rescheduled to June 9, 2022.
- Dan + Shay has been rescheduled to November 12, 2021.
- The Lumineers show has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- WWE Monday Night Raw scheduled for September 7 has been canceled. Refunds available at point of purchase.
- Harlem Globetrotters has been canceled. Refunds available at point of purchase.
- The Nickelback All The Right Reasons Tour has been canceled. Refund information is available at livenation.com/refund.
- The Rascal Flatts Farewell Tour has been canceled. Refund information is available at livenation.com/refund.
- The Black Crowes show has been canceled. Refunds available at point of purchase.
- The Def Leppard w/ ZZ Top show has been canceled. Refunds available at point of purchase.
MECA is working with organizers to identify new event dates and will provide immediate updates via this webpage and venue social media platforms.
Seating limitations will be dependent on permitted capacity on the event date or determinations of an organizer or promoter.
Postponed Ticket Information
Due to the numerous postponements and cancellations of events across the country – Ticketmaster is currently experiencing a high volume of refund inquiries and continues to work around the clock to resolve these requests in a timely manner.
Please note: if your event has been postponed, no further action is required as original tickets will still be valid for a rescheduled date.
If Ticketmaster is temporarily communicating that refunds are not permitted for your event, please be patient. It is likely the refund process is still being finalized. Refunds will be automatically issued for cancelled events.
Again, each event (nationwide) will be addressed as quickly as possible. Ticketmaster has created a Help Center to provide customers and fans with guidance when it comes to event cancellations or postponements.
A full list of event updates can also be found here. Be certain to check all of the above-mentioned resources regularly for event updates as they happen.
Meeting room configurations at CHI Health Center Omaha can be tailored to the desires of a client or organizer. MECA Event Coordinators have the ability to design layout diagrams for a specific group size. In these instances, additional staffing maybe necessary to help accommodate social distancing preferences.
Gathering Size Restrictions
Meeting planners are advised to consult with their Event Coordinators to understand Nebraska’s latest gathering size restrictions and whether it will impact their event.
Virtual Meeting Planning
MECA Event coordinators may help facilitate professional streaming services with J&S Audiovisual, CHI Health Center Omaha’s in-house AV provider.
Shared Audiovisual Equipment
*All implemented measures will adhere to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) guidelines.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks arising from the risk of contracting COVID-19, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and directed health measures as well as the safety protocols and procedures implemented by MECA with regard to COVID-19. You also waive all claims against MECA, the City of Omaha, and any other person associated with this event, except for claims arising out of the grossly negligent conduct of the foregoing parties.
For a list of upcoming events at the venue calendars at:
Additional question maybe directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org