MECA & COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
UPDATED AS OF MAY 21 AT 9:00 AM
Developments in event status are as follows:
- Matchbox Twenty has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- Lauren Daigle has been rescheduled to April 1, 2021.
- The Black Crowes has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- The Weeknd has been rescheduled to August 22, 2021.
- The Nickelback All The Right Reasons Tour has been canceled. Refund information is available at livenation.com/refund.
- The Rascal Flatts Farewell Tour has been canceled. Refund information is available at livenation.com/refund.
- Jeff Dunham has been postponed until October 2, 2020.
- The U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Swimming has been postponed to June 13-20, 2021.
- Friday Night SmackDown originally scheduled on Friday, April 24 in Omaha, NE, has been postponed to Monday Night Raw on Monday, September 7.
- Harlem Globetrotters has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- The Burlington Capital International Omaha has been canceled.
- Billie Eilish has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- MercyMe has been postponed until October 4, 2020.
- The governor has recommended restrictions on gatherings of 250 people or more. For that reason, World of Wheels is closing immediately and will not reopen Sunday, March 15.
- The annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting will be held without shareholders.
- Blake Shelton has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- Dan + Shay have been postponed until August 13, 2020.
- The Lumineers have been postponed until September 22, 2020.
- This NCAA Championship Event has been canceled. No additional information is available at this time.
Ticket Refund Information and Resources:
Due to the numerous postponements and cancellations of events across the country – Ticketmaster is currently experiencing a high volume of refund inquiries and continues to work around the clock to resolve these requests in a timely manner. Please note: if your event has been postponed, no further action is required as original tickets will still be valid for a rescheduled date.
If Ticketmaster is temporarily communicating that refunds are not permitted for your event, please be patient. It is likely the refund process is still being finalized.
Refunds will be automatically issued for cancelled events. Again, each event (nationwide) will be addressed as quickly as possible.
Be certain to check all of the above-mentioned resources regularly for event updates as they happen.
Other Information and Precautions:
Amid concerns regarding the presence of COVID-19 within the community, MECA began staffing additional janitorial crews before, during and after events – who routinely use disinfectant during daily cleaning procedures. Additionally, MECA has adopted the use of cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus.
After the CHI Health Center effectively closed to the public in mid-March, MECA’s custodial team has been methodically cleaning each room within the facility then sealing off access until the building reopens to the public.
At that time, guests will also notice some temporary changes in procedure at public concession stands to include:
- Some self-serve condiments (such as jalapeno peppers and relish) must be provided from behind concession counters upon request
- “Unlimited” food and beverage options are temporarily unavailable
Hand sanitizing stations are placed around MECA facilities and available for the use of both event staff members and the public. Guests are welcome to carry a personal-sized bottle of hand sanitizer when MECA resumes event operations.
Additional question maybe directed via email to email@example.com
More resources on COVID-19: